Update: TGC Clubhouse Entry as at 26 June 2021
Dear Members & Guests,
As of 6.00pm Saturday 26th June 2021 the following will apply as per the NSW Government COVID-19 Regulations/Restrictions:
- No entry to anyone who has been in the Greater Sydney region (including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast and Wollongong) on or after June 21.
- Masks will be compulsory indoors at all times
- There is no drinking while standing
- No dancing or singing
- 1 per 4 square metre rule in indoor & outdoor settings
As always, the well-being and protection of you, your family, our staff and the entire community is our top priority.
We will monitor the situation closely and communicate as needed.
We appreciate your understanding.
NOTICES TO MEMBERS
Memo to Member from Club Captain
Commencing 1st of August the match committee will be rostered as Course Officials (Marshalls).
Primarily slow play, then rule breaching and rule clarification are the key functions of the officials.
Breaches will be reported to the committee and penalties may apply.
• 1st breach will incur a verbal warning
• 2nd breach will incur an official warning (recorded)
• 3rd breach will incur a 2 shot penalty for each player in the group
• Immediate 2 shot penalties
Your understanding and cooperation is greatly appreciated
Stan Blackhall | Club Captain
19th (spare) Hole
Members as previously advised, construction of the 19th hole which is located at the 11th hole was imminent. The project has been brought forward by a few weeks and will now commence next week (19th July) and ready for play by late November.
What this means
- Both Men’s and Women’s 11th tees will be relocated to the practice tee area.
- Additional 11th tee boxes will be constructed as part of the project.
- To preserve the tee, practicing from this area is strictly prohibited.
- Members, please be aware of the surrounds as with all construction zones and be attentive to directional & alert signage.
The 19th hole will be in play for the majority of the next 3-4 years to enable the timely replacement of greens (2 per year starting with 11th & 12th) and minimising temporary greens during construction.
At the conclusion of the replacement program, the 19th hole will become the 3rd nursery along with others between the 2nd and 4th fairways.
Board of Directors (Steering Committee) | 14 July 2021
View PDF Memo HERE
Construction of the new Maintenance facility to be located around the 10th rear tee area is scheduled to commence in September this year.
Preparation of the site includes importing a significant amount of clean fill which has become available.
Consequently the 10th rear tee will be closed in the coming weeks and all play will be from the social / ladies’ tee.
Included in the project is the construction of new tees between the current back and front tee offset into the Southern side. Unfortunately, this work cannot commence until after civil works are completed.
The new tee’s location will slightly reduce the hole length and provide direct alignment with the fairway importantly reducing the likely hood of errant balls reaching the road.
Please be aware of the surrounds including trucks and machinery movement in the carpark and when walking or driving to the 10th tee.
Dated: 28th May 2021