With the lockdown period ending we are pleased to confirm we will be re-opening our doors at the Clubhouse 12.00pm on Wednesday 13th October 2021.
While we are excited to welcome everyone back, there is some very important information to note to ensure the safety of you, your families, our staff and the entire community. CLICK HERE FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
We are committed to do everything we can to make our venue a COVIDSAFE place to visit.
COVID-19 UPDATE AS AT 18 OCTOBER 2021
Dear Members & Guests,
In line with the NSW Government Public Health Orders & Restrictions, Toronto Golf Club will have the following in place:
Now open during the times shown above. Entry requirements please CLICK HERE
Will still be OPEN from 7am to 8pm each day (Weds open is 8am). Please ensure you check-in via the QR code located at the entrance and that you practice CovidSafe hygiene measures by using the sanitiser provided and remain 1.5m apart from other players at all times.
- Everyone must check-in via the Service NSW QR Code at the Pro Shop before stepping onto the golf course
- Masks must be worn inside the Pro Shop
- people are able to share the same golf cart if they are from the same household or are fully vaccinated – Proof required
- Visitors are welcome except those from Greater Sydney (including the Central Coast) as per the NSW Government rules
- Competition Timesheets will now re-commence as a draw in the Clubhouse:
o This Thursday 22 October 2021 at 5.00pm draws will be done for:
Saturday 30/10 & Saturday 6/11
o Then Friday 23rd October draws will be done for:
Thursday 28/10 & Thursday 4/11
A reminder that Social bookings can be made through the Pro Shop and are essential. Bookings will be available in groups of 2 with the opportunity for those who are fully vaccinated to play in a group of 4 if they are able to provide proof.
We ask that you respectfully cooperate with staff in regards to ensuring we meet our CovidSafe requirements so we can keep everyone safe.
Memo to Member from Club Captain
Commencing 1st of August the match committee will be rostered as Course Officials (Marshalls).
Primarily slow play, then rule breaching and rule clarification are the key functions of the officials.
Breaches will be reported to the committee and penalties may apply.
• 1st breach will incur a verbal warning
• 2nd breach will incur an official warning (recorded)
• 3rd breach will incur a 2 shot penalty for each player in the group
• Immediate 2 shot penalties
Your understanding and cooperation is greatly appreciated
Stan Blackhall | Club Captain
19th (spare) Hole
Members as previously advised, construction of the 19th hole which is located at the 11th hole was imminent. The project has been brought forward by a few weeks and will now commence next week (19th July) and ready for play by late November.
What this means
- Both Men’s and Women’s 11th tees will be relocated to the practice tee area.
- Additional 11th tee boxes will be constructed as part of the project.
- To preserve the tee, practicing from this area is strictly prohibited.
- Members, please be aware of the surrounds as with all construction zones and be attentive to directional & alert signage.
The 19th hole will be in play for the majority of the next 3-4 years to enable the timely replacement of greens (2 per year starting with 11th & 12th) and minimising temporary greens during construction.
At the conclusion of the replacement program, the 19th hole will become the 3rd nursery along with others between the 2nd and 4th fairways.
Board of Directors (Steering Committee) | 14 July 2021
View PDF Memo HERE
Construction of the new Maintenance facility to be located around the 10th rear tee area is scheduled to commence in September this year.
Preparation of the site includes importing a significant amount of clean fill which has become available.
Consequently the 10th rear tee will be closed in the coming weeks and all play will be from the social / ladies’ tee.
Included in the project is the construction of new tees between the current back and front tee offset into the Southern side. Unfortunately, this work cannot commence until after civil works are completed.
The new tee’s location will slightly reduce the hole length and provide direct alignment with the fairway importantly reducing the likely hood of errant balls reaching the road.
Please be aware of the surrounds including trucks and machinery movement in the carpark and when walking or driving to the 10th tee.
Dated: 28th May 2021