COVID-19 UPDATE AS AT THURSDAY 16TH SEPTEMBER 2021
Dear Members & Guests,
In line with the NSW Government Public Health Orders & Restrictions, Toronto Golf Club will have the following in place:
Will be CLOSED until further notice and includes the suspension of all member activities (Raffle, Members Draw etc)
Will still be OPEN from 7am to 5pm each day. Please ensure you check-in via the QR code located at the entrance and that you practice CovidSafe hygiene measures by using the sanitiser provided and remain 1.5m apart from other players at all times.
Will be OPEN under the following restrictions:
- Everyone must check-in via the Service NSW QR Code at the Pro Shop before stepping onto the golf course
- We kindly ask that everyone presents identification to the Pro Shop staff that shows their residential address
- Masks must be worn inside the Pro Shop
- From Monday 21st September 2021 - Maximum groups of 4 players (competitions only) with each player fully vaccinated (proof needs to be presented by COB the day prior) - Further details below
- Maximum groups of 2 players for persons not vaccinated & social play
- 1 person per cart (members of the same household can share)
- New timesheets will be brought out at 8:00pm Friday night for Saturday's, Tuesday's, Wednesday's and Thursday's competitions. Competition timesheets will be in groups of 2.
- Monday & Friday Social play is open
- Players are to arrive at the course no earlier than 15 minutes before their tee time and head straight home after finishing/entering their scorecard.
- Play to be restricted to MEMBERS who reside within the Lake Macquarie Local Government Area & VISITORS who reside within a 5km radius of the golf club
- 1 tee start from 6:30am for both social play and competitions
We will monitor the situation closely and communicate as needed.
All of the team at Toronto Golf Club extends their wishes of good health & safety to you and your families.
NOTICES TO MEMBERS
COVID-19 UPDATE - GROUPS OF 4 PLAYERS
Golf NSW has informed us after obtaining advice from the NSW Office of Sports regarding changes of the NSW Government Public Health Order.
The following information applies to:
From Monday, September 13th, fully vaccinated persons only may play golf in groups of four. Persons not vaccinated must continue to play in groups of two.
To ensure we can monitor and protect everyone as best as possible, Toronto Golf Club will be implementing the following:
From Monday 21 September 2021, groups of 4 players will be permitted during competitions only. Each person must be fully vaccinated, and exhibit upon request approved documentation. Only authorised forms of proof of Vaccination will be accepted.
Groups of 2 will remain to those persons not vaccinated, or those without proper certification.
Social Play will remain at groups of 2 only
What you will need to do to play in a group of 4:
Provide proof of double vaccination (Covid-19 Digital Certificate) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the Pro Shop by COB the day prior to competition. This will only need to be processed once (until any expiry) but please still bring proof of vaccination with you at all times.
If you have a Medical Exemption, provide valid proof prior to play on the day, on each occasion.
Pro shop staff have been instructed to accept or refuse bookings based on information received and will not engage in debate with members or visitors.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding during these challenging times.
Any further information will be communicated.
Thank you | Team TGC
16 September 2021
Memo to Member from Club Captain
Commencing 1st of August the match committee will be rostered as Course Officials (Marshalls).
Primarily slow play, then rule breaching and rule clarification are the key functions of the officials.
Breaches will be reported to the committee and penalties may apply.
• 1st breach will incur a verbal warning
• 2nd breach will incur an official warning (recorded)
• 3rd breach will incur a 2 shot penalty for each player in the group
• Immediate 2 shot penalties
Your understanding and cooperation is greatly appreciated
Stan Blackhall | Club Captain
19th (spare) Hole
Members as previously advised, construction of the 19th hole which is located at the 11th hole was imminent. The project has been brought forward by a few weeks and will now commence next week (19th July) and ready for play by late November.
What this means
- Both Men’s and Women’s 11th tees will be relocated to the practice tee area.
- Additional 11th tee boxes will be constructed as part of the project.
- To preserve the tee, practicing from this area is strictly prohibited.
- Members, please be aware of the surrounds as with all construction zones and be attentive to directional & alert signage.
The 19th hole will be in play for the majority of the next 3-4 years to enable the timely replacement of greens (2 per year starting with 11th & 12th) and minimising temporary greens during construction.
At the conclusion of the replacement program, the 19th hole will become the 3rd nursery along with others between the 2nd and 4th fairways.
Board of Directors (Steering Committee) | 14 July 2021
View PDF Memo HERE
Construction of the new Maintenance facility to be located around the 10th rear tee area is scheduled to commence in September this year.
Preparation of the site includes importing a significant amount of clean fill which has become available.
Consequently the 10th rear tee will be closed in the coming weeks and all play will be from the social / ladies’ tee.
Included in the project is the construction of new tees between the current back and front tee offset into the Southern side. Unfortunately, this work cannot commence until after civil works are completed.
The new tee’s location will slightly reduce the hole length and provide direct alignment with the fairway importantly reducing the likely hood of errant balls reaching the road.
Please be aware of the surrounds including trucks and machinery movement in the carpark and when walking or driving to the 10th tee.
Dated: 28th May 2021